Hello! This post is outside of what I normally write, but I was nominated for The Liebster Award, which is a huge shout out to pass along to acknowledge how awesome other bloggers are. I was nominated by Naomi, and you can check out her blog here. She is so sweet, and I have connected with her via Instagram. With so many people blogging lately, it is fun to find like-minded women with a passion for connecting too!
How the Liebster Award Works:
The Liebster Award is a creative way to get to know other bloggers within the community. Nominees are typically smaller accounts, or newer bloggers in general. This allows the blogging community to feel tighter with relationship between people with similar passions. Below are the questions I’ve answered from Naomi! I will nominate different bloggers for the Liebster Award, and ask them new questions to answer. The nominees can (hopefully) make a blog post in response to the questions I ask, which allows every follower of each blog to know the writer better. They nominate up to ten bloggers and create their own questions for them.
A few rules to keep in mind:
- Post a picture of the Liebster Award in your blog post.
- Make sure to create a category called the Liebster Award.
- Acknowledge that I nominated you.
- Make sure to let the lovely bloggers you are nominating know that they are nominated.
- Have fun!!!!!
Questions from Naomi:
- Why did you start blogging and what is your favorite thing about blogging? I started blogging to share more about my heart. I have always loved journaling as a way to learn more about God. It became something bigger than myself, and I knew I had words to share, and God would be able to use lessons along my life’s journey to help others in a special way. I love growing in my ability to write, and I love dreaming about where God will take me in the future with my writing.
- Where did you grow up? I have moved a lot of places, but I love that each place I’ve lived, I have foundational friendships that have shaped the woman I am today. I lived in Wisconsin during elementary school, Florida throughout middle and high school, and now I live in California! I am loving where I’m at.
- What is your favorite movie? Wow, this is so hard. I’d have to go with 27 dresses. It’s my go-to chick flick!
- Where would your dream vacation be? It depends. I love to be on-the-go, so traveling to Europe and spending everyday going on adventures sounds amazing. But I’d also love to go to Cabo and relax on the beach!
- What is your favorite dessert? If it has chocolate or cinnamon in it, or is a pastry, I will eat it. I’d definitely choose chocolatey over fruity though.
- Are you more of a morning person or a night owl? I’m pretty sure I am more of a morning person, UNLESS the sun isn’t out yet. No bueno 🙂
- What is your favorite quote and why? “Without sadness, there would be no joy” (quote from Inside Out) and “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent” (Eleanor Roosevelt). I used both because it was a hard choice. My mom always took note of the Eleanor Roosevelt line, which is used in Princess Diaries, and it always sticks out to me because it’s all too easy to give other people the power to control your emotions. We also cannot value our joy without pain. It’s beautiful.
- What are the most important qualities in a friend in your opinion? Ideally someone who shares the same values as I do, is trustworthy, able to laugh, listen, and cry. Also someone to gush about life with and watch chick flicks with chocolate chip cookies.
- If you were stranded alone on an island and you could only have 3 things, what would they be? My Bible, sunscreen (gotta get a tan if I’m on an island), and my phone.
- If you could have lunch with any famous person, past or present, who would it be and what would you ask them? Taylor Swift! She is so fun. I would ask her how she prioritizes her life to fit her busy schedule. I would also ask to have a girl’s night in, because honestly, it would be the best night ever.
Bloggers I’ve nominated:
My questions for my nominees:
- What are two things you’d tell your fifteen-year-old self?
- What does your ideal day off consist of?
- Where do you want to be in five years?
- Think back to the best day you’ve had, whether it was ten years ago or ten days ago; what are those memories?
- How do you like your tea or coffee?
- What is your favorite restaurant? Pick one fast-food and one fancy one because we both know we gotta narrow it down!
- What are your top three most-played songs within the past week?
- Where was the last place you drove?
- You have no extra to-do’s on your list; what do you do for fun?
- What is your favorite book or magazine (or both)?